Saturday, September 18, 2010

Secret Ingredient Brownies



Hey friends!

Sorry for the long hiatus! My computer crashed, so I lost all my photos. :( But now, I'm blogging from my new baby:


Isn't she beautiful!?!

Now, for this delicious recipe! I was recently reading a blog I follow and she had this recipe posted. I thought to myself "That sounds awfully familiar." Sure enough, it was a recipe given to me in my wedding cookbook by one of my mother-in-law's friends. So, of course, I immediately made it! These brownies are delicious and oh-so-gooey! My husband, who is a brownie connoisseur, especially loved them! The secret ingredient - MARSHMALLOWS - leave this gooey, fudgy pocket of chocolate goodness once they cool. Enjoy!

Melt chocolate and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.


When chocolate and butter have melted, let cool for 15 minutes. Beat in eggs and whisk in sugar until combined.
Add flour and vanilla until well combined.


Fold in mini marshmallows, pecans (optional), and chocolate chips.


Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan and sprinkle with remaining (1/2 cup) chocolate chips.


Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from the edges of the pan.


Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. You can serve warm, or at room temperature. These are great with some vanilla ice cream...YUM!


Ingredients:

4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
1 cup butter
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (in the batter), plus 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top

Directions:

Melt chocolate and butter in large sauce pan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Cool 15 minutes.

Add eggs, stir until blended. Stir in sugar until combined. Add flour and vanilla. Fold in marshmallows, pecans, and chocolate chips.

Pour batter in a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the side of the pan. Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

Yield: 24 brownies

2 comments:

  1. That's funny that you had the same recipe as I did. Yours look identical to mine. These brownies have been in my family for years!

    ReplyDelete