Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cowboy Cookies


Hey friends!

Sorry for the long hiatus! I have been so busy with the start of school that I haven't had time to blog! I'm back now, and to make amends, I've got a gem of a cookie for you! I found this recipe in my Texas Blossoms cookbook from the Richardson Woman's Club.

This cookie is truly to die for! They are the perfect blend of a chocolate chip and oatmeal cookie. The are chewy, delicious, and I cannot stop eating them!

Enjoy and Yee-Haw! :)


Ingredients:

3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups angel flake coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:

In a large bowl beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla extract. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in bowl. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans. For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 17 to 20 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Remove to rack to cool.

Yields 3-4 dozen large cookies

**My oven cooks hot, so I only baked mine for 14 minutes and it was plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment