Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zippy Beef



Hey friends!

This recipe is a classic in my husband's family.  I need to thank them profusely for introducing me to this wonderful casserole!

My husband loves a good casserole, and this one has it all.  It has some sweet and some savory, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.  I passed this one on to my own Mother, who, instead of using ketchup, adds in Rotel for a little kick.  :)

Any way you cook it, this casserole is easy, fun, pleasing, and only gets better the next day.  Enjoy!

Cook ground beef and drain.  Add to 2 quart casserole.

Add chopped green pepper.

Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, ketchup, and minced onion.

Add shredded Cheddar cheese.

Add cooked and drained macaroni.

Mix it all together!

Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.  Yum!
(This picture seriously does not do it justice.  Don't judge the dish by my horrible photography skills!)
Ingredients:

1 pound ground  beef
4 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (I use whole wheat)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cook and stir meat until brown.  Drain off fat.  Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.  In 2 quart casserole, mix all ingredients.

Cover and bake for 40 minutes.

Serves 4 to 6 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment