Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oatmeal Scotchies




Hey friends!

I am loving this cool fall weather!  It is making me want to bake, and bake, and bake! :)

I really wanted to make cookies for the week, and I stumbled across this recipe for oatmeal scotchies on another blog I read, Mommy's Kitchen.  It has all the things I look for in a cookie: oatmeal, delicious butterscotch, and ooey-gooey goodness!  After I made these, my husband and I had to put them away before we devoured them all!  Enjoy!

All the usual ingredients, plus oatmeal and butterscotch chips...YUM!
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in oats and butterscotch morsels.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies, or 9-10 minutes for crisp cookies.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal
1 2/3 cups (11 oz. package) Nestle Butterscotch flavored chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in small bowl.  Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in large mixer bowl.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in oats and morsels.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies, or 9-10 minutes for crisp cookies.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment