Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cake



Hey friends!

This is my go-to cake for special events.  It looks and tastes like you slaved over it, but in reality is so simple and easy.  You can't go wrong!  It's like eating the moistest, most decadent brownie ever (at least that's what one of my friends says)!  My dear friend, Rae, makes this cake and gave me the recipe for my wedding.  My husband claims this cake as his 2nd favorite (next to my red velvet), which is saying a lot!  Try it out this coming Easter weekend...it's sure to be a crowd pleaser!'

Enjoy!

This is all you need to make it!

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
1 4 oz box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Grease and flour a bundt pan.

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.  Mix well with mixer (approximately 2 minutes).  Stir in chocolate chips.  

Pour into bundt pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Glaze or frost as desired!

** I made a simple chocolate glaze to pour over it.  You can also drizzle it with melted chocolate or even eat it as is.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! Can you believe I don't own a bundt pan?? Maybe this recipe will motivate me to purchase one :) Thanks for sharing!
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete