Monday, January 24, 2011

Mexican Casserole



Hey friends!

The weather today is beautiful!  Much better than the cold, dreary weather we've had lately.  I wish I could go outside and play, but I'm busy doing an online training this afternoon.  I thought I'd take a few minutes during our break and post this recipe.

This is one of my favorite childhood recipes!  It was one of the first dishes my Mom taught me to make.  It's so delicious, and has lots of spicy Mexican flavor.  Of course, you can make it less spicy by using mild Ro-tel, but sometimes it's good to "feel the burn!"

Enjoy!


Brown ground beef with onion, seasoned to taste.
Add beans, soup, and tomatoes.  Heat through.
My favorite part: tear up tortillas and line the bottom of a baking dish.
Spoon meat mixture over tortillas, then cover with cheese.  You can add another layer of tortillas, meat mixture, and cheese to make a Mexican Lasagna!
Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese is melted (about 15-20 minutes).
Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can Ranch Style beans, drained and rinsed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes
Flour or corn tortillas
Grated cheese

Directions:

Brown ground beef, seasoned to taste, and onion in a skillet until well done.  Add beans, soup, and tomatoes and mix well over medium heat until bubbly.  Line a 9x13 inch casserole (or whatever large dish you prefer) with torn tortillas.  Spoon heated mixture over tortillas.  Top with grated cheese and cover with foil.  Cook at 350 degrees F until cheese just melts (about 15-20 minutes).

Serve with a veggie and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment