Friday, July 2, 2010

"My Man" Oatmeal Cookies



Hey everyone!

This is by far my all-time favorite cookie! This is my Grandma's recipe, which my Mom handed down to me earlier this year. My husband absolutely loves these cookies, too! They are so simple and easy to make, but beyond delicious.



Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. each: salt, baking soda, baking powder
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans (or nut of your choice)
**optional: chocolate chips (I prefer to use white chocolate chips.)

1. Cream butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
2. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients. Once incorporated, add oatmeal, coconut, and pecans. Mix in chocolate chips if desired.
3. Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

I like mine with pecans and white chocolate chips, but feel free to add and change ingredients as needed. Enjoy!!


I caught my husband trying to steal a fresh cookie right off the cookie sheet...that's how good they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment