Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Polka-Dot Cookies


**Warning: These cookies are highly addictive!!**

Hey friends!

Today was my last official day of summer vacation. :( But I'm actually pretty excited to be starting back to school again! I'm teaching first grade this year, and absolutely love my team, my administrators, and my school as a whole, so I couldn't be happier! And, what do I do when I'm happy, I BAKE!

Actually, we each have to bring 2 dozen cookies to school with us tomorrow afternoon, so I decided to make some of these delicious morsels. I'm just going to go ahead and warn you that these cookies are FABULOUS! So fabulous in fact, that I usually only make them once or twice a year, so I don't gain 100 pounds. So far today, I have found 3 different opportunities to justify eating one...but I figure, if it makes me happy, it's good for me! :) Right?!?

So, here's what you need:



Ingredients:


1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter (or margarine)
1 cup shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups candy-coated chocolate candies (M&M's)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars. Mix in shortening, vanilla, and eggs. Stir together flour, soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing well. Stir in candies.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon-fulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper to line mine). Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.


Before putting the cookies in the oven, I pressed a few extra M&M's into the top to make them look nice.

**I used more M&M's than the recipe calls for in the batter...because who doesn't love chocolate candies?!?


Fresh out of the oven...yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment